Saturday 22 December 2012

Kasabian



Hailed at one point as "Britain's hottest band" Kasabian are and always have been one of my favourites. Partly because they are one of the better British bands, but also because they remind me of a modern day Oasis - they're from Manchester, they like football, they both appear to be arrogant twats, they have the same sort of sound to their music, they're amazing.


In my opinion Oasis's albums have got worse as the years progressed with an odd exception, but there is no doubt thatDig Out Your Soul is an absolute pile of crap compared to Definitely Maybe whereas with Kasabian, its sort of the opposite... I think their most recent album - Velociraptor is incredible and has some of my favourite songs. La Fee Verte is brilliant, and I genuinely hope they continue to create more songs with that almost melancholic and dreary tone that they manage to pull of so well, and then at the complete opposite end of the spectrum comes Switchblade Smiles which has a taunting start and you can just 'feel it coming' which I love hearing just before the heavy drum beat and Serge's screaming voice followed by the penetrating bass line. 

Anyway... as long as Kasabian keep making songs close to the likes of Club Foot, and La Fee Verte, then I'll be happy.


Here they are:








No comments:

Post a Comment