Wednesday 5 December 2012

Ed Sheeran and Devlin



Devlin is probably one of the very few exceptions of where I like rap, though I really hate his first albums, I think his new one "Bud, Sweat, and Beers", is pretty good. My top song being "Let it Go", there's just something about it that seems really good, it could be the instruments, the chorus, the lyrics, or I don't know but something about it just seems really good, probably the chorus actually (I say this as I'm listening to it).








I heard about Devlin through Ed Sheeran (who is also incredible), and when they perform together its amazing. But their lyrics are pretty good as well, especially "Community Outcast" by Devlin and "A-Team" by Ed Sheeran. I started out talking about Devlin and now I'm onto Ed Sheeran, because he is that great, but still somehow hasn't got a proper album out yet. Anyway... please listen to them and follow me please.. also comment if you want me to change anything or if you have any suggestions on who I should talk about.

I wrote this a while ago, and since then Ed Sheeran has indeed got an album out, and my opinion of him has spiralled downwards. I don't know if its just me and as soon as someone who I like who is relatively unknown becomes known makes me lose respect for them, if that makes sense... I suppose when you know something great that no one else does, and then suddenly lots of people know him and start hyping about him and can't stop talking about him, it takes something away from the original quality and makes them seem no different to anyone else. Shame really. I still like Devlin though.





No comments:

Post a Comment