Friday 30 November 2012

Red Hot Chili Peppers


One of my favourite bands with some of my least favourite songs. They are recognized for their funk and groove, with Flea attacking the bass jamming out some of the most psychedelic tunes. But those are the songs I really hate.

I love the chilled back songs with Antony Kiedis's voice softly singing the lyrics to 'Under the Bridge', or the tune of the guitar to 'Snow'. They have been going for a really long time and loads of things have happened to their members, including death, so thats probably why their songs vary from almost heavy metal to quiet, reflective songs. Some people say their latest stuff has become to forced and is based more on advertising and business, but I prefer their latest songs to the songs when they first started out as a garage band, playing songs for their school.

Here are my favourite songs by them:

  • Under the Bridge
  • Californication
  • Can't Stop
  • By the Way
  • Scar Tissue
  • Soul to Squeeze 
  • Snow (Hey Oh)






Give It Away is one of their more funky songs which is alright, but not as good as the ones mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment