Thursday 22 November 2012

Oasis

This is a band that I have been listening to for most of my life and are one of my favourites if not the favourite. They have had songs in XFM's lists like the greatest songs of all time as high as number 2 and have also had the honour of having the best British song (supersonic I think?) according to the listeners of XFM. Pretty much my whole family like them, but I don't like them just because my family likes them.

There's that rough and raw feel to their music with Liam Gallagher's whiney voice singing with his hands behind his back knowing he is one of the coolest people alive. Definitely Maybe has to be their best album because it is the most pure, their latest album - Dig Out Your Soul - has about one or two average songs and that's it. In a way I'm glad they broke up because I would not want my memory of their brilliance to be wrecked by another effortless album, because Beady Eye is just Oasis without Noel Gallagher and I don't see them being anywhere near as good as Oasis, probably because they lost Noel, and probably because Liam thinks he is the reincarnation of John Lennon and feels he must revive the reign of the Beatles. I guess I'm ranting now so I'll try and get back to my point. The main thing I like about Oasis is how they are pure and raw.  They're pure unlike some overgrown cheerleader singing hit me baby one more time or some Miley Cyrus/Justin Bieber wannabe telling us about the days of the week and how she's gotta get down on Friday. 




In my opinion people like Rebecca Black and Britney Spears don't deserve half the attention they get when there are people out there like Oasis who actually know how to make music.

Here are my favourite songs by them:
























2 comments: