Thursday 22 November 2012

The Kooks


Definitely one of my favourite bands (although you probably wouldn't really care) are the Kooks. The Kooks are like the unsung heroes of music.

They are so good yet not very well known, or appreciated, it makes me angry knowing that more people adore a red headed idiot (I haven't got anything against red heads by the way) singing oh na na a what's my name? while Luke Pritchard of the Kooks is off writing deep, meaningful songs about loads of different things, but mainly love. My favourite story is Sway and I love songs with stories, they are just so much better. Anyway... I'm guessing that what he is trying to say in the song Sway is how he had a friend (probably an ex-band member) who got so hooked on drugs and dependant on them that he became a recluse and just didn't come out and the rest of them loved him and would do anything for him, but in the end he died. Depressing, I know, but stories in songs make it so much more interesting and meaningful.

Here are a couple of my favourites below although I honestly think that out of both their albums they only have one or two under-average songs, they are just amazing and almost every song is just quality. There albums are: Inside in/ Inside out and their second is Konk.






1 comment: